Resource Centre

Our Resource Centre provides useful, current information on the latest code compliance developments, industry news, useful information about energy efficiency for homes and buildings and information for Energy Advisors.

Energy Advisors

Do you possess excellent customer service skills and are passionate about helping customers increase the energy efficiency of their homes? If your answer is yes, you may want to consider a career as a Registered Energy Advisor (REA). So exactly what do they do?


Energy advisors conduct EnerGuide home evaluations and provide expert advice to homeowners wishing to increase the energy efficiency of their homes. They work with builders who wish to use energy rating systems in the planning and design stages of their new constructions. In order to become a certified NRCan energy advisor (REA), you will have to complete mandatory training requirements and pass an exam. You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise in:

  • Residential construction practices for low-rise housing
  • Energy efficiency renovation practices
  • Residential building materials
  • Residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
  • Building science, including the principles of the “house as a system”
  • Basic arithmetic and geometry, computer skills
  • Good client relations

How can you achieve certification?

You must write and pass the NRCan Foundation Level and Energy Advisor Exams. Prep courses to write the exams are offered through the Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) and upcoming dates are published on their website:

Once you have passed the exams, you are required to complete probationary files and be associated with a licensed service organization, such as VerdaTech Energy Management and Consulting.

At VerdaTech, we provide a very affordable and creative path to completing your required probationary files, the required mentorship and achieving your full NRCan EA certification.

Contact us if you already have passed your exams and wish to proceed with arranging probationary files or wish to register with VerdaTech as your Service organization.

Contact Us

Getting in touch with us is easy! Call us or fill out the form below:


Calgary: 403-251.0683
Toll-Free: 1-866-241-6804

Edmonton: 587-991-8257

Medicine Hat: 403-251-0683

Central Alberta: 403-251-0683

British Columbia

Vancouver Island: 778-441-3838

Lower Mainland: 1-866-241-6804

Revelstoke: 1-866-241-6804

Okanagan: 1-866-241-6804

Smithers: 1-866-241-6804


Contact Form

Head Office Address

VerdaTech Energy Management & Consulting
#514, 3208 8 Avenue, NE
Calgary, AB, T2A 7V4

British Columbia Office:
#201, 427 Fitzwilliam Street
Nanaimo, BC, V9R 3A9

Office Hours:
8 am to 5 pm MST , Mon - Fri

1 866-241-6804