We are currently looking for a full-time, salaried Energy Advisor in Edmonton and Calgary, AB.
The VT Group of Companies consists of building envelope consulting, full mechanical engineering services and residential energy management. This means there are many opportunities to grow your skills and to be able to grow with the company due to the diversity of our offerings. This is a growing sector, and we continue to expand across Canada.
The ideal candidate will have a background in energy consulting, mechanical engineering design and / or building envelope consulting.
This is a full-time salaried position to conduct all aspects of completing residential energy evaluations, 9.36 code compliance modelling, STEP Code modelling and mechanical design or other related work based on the individual’s skills set. For candidates that have additional qualifications and training and fit within the general scope of the VT Group, there is significant opportunities to use engineering qualifications and skills in a professional capacity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver residential EnerGuide V.15 energy assessment, this includes assessing energy performance and potential energy savings for homes, blower door testing, and providing advice to homeowners and builders on improving the energy efficiency of their homes.
- Support the delivery of federal, provincial, municipal and utility programs
- 9.36 Code Compliance and STEP Code modeling
- Business Development
- For candidates that have additional qualifications and training and fit within the general scope of the VT Group, there is significant opportunities to use engineering qualifications and skills in a professional capacity (HVAC, plumbing design, and commercial energy assessments).
Not required, but advantageous:
- Mechanical design (residential)
- Mechanical engineering HVAC and plumbing for commercial and industrial buildings
- NECB and Code Compliance Modelling
- ASHRAE energy auditing
- Renewable energy design
- Must either be a Registered Energy Advisor with Natural Resources Canada (preferred) OR will commit to completing and passing the necessary steps to become a Registered Energy Advisor as required by Natural Resources Canada. If not certified, must be motivated to complete the training and certification in a timely manner.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Self starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to read blueprints
- A solid understanding of building science and house as a system concept
- Residential construction knowledge, including barrier systems, insulation, renewable energy, fenestration, and HVAC systems
- Strong arithmetic, geometry, and computer skills
- Previous experience of modeling in HOT2000 software is an asset but not a requirement. Must possess valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- Must provide a clear criminal record check
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, please email us your cover letter and resume.