This is a full or part time position to provide mentorship and quality assurance for all aspects of completing residential energy evaluations, 9.36 code compliance modelling, STEP Code modelling and mechanical design or other related work based on the individual’s skills set. This is ideal for individuals with significant experience as an energy advisor or related industry, with great coaching and mentorship skills.
- Communicate with Energy Advisors and Trainees in regards to field data collection
- Support Energy Advisors and Trainees
- Communicate all new processes, technology upgrades, and program updates and ensure they are being adhered to
- Coaching of existing Advisors and Trainees in all aspects of being a Registered Energy Advisor and related topics
- All aspects of Quality Assurance in accordance with Natural Resources Canada and internal policies and procedures.
- Internal and external file and procedure management for Energy Advisors and Trainees across Canada
- Maintain clear, concise, and positive relationships with Energy Advisors
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must either be a Registered Energy Advisor with Natural Resources Canada (preferred) OR will commit to completing and passing the necessary steps to become a Registered Energy Advisor as required by Natural Resources Canada. If not certified, must be motivated to complete the training and certification in a timely manner.
- Must complete required exams and certification for Quality Assurance as required by Natural Resources Canada
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Self starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to read blueprints
- A solid understanding of building science and house as a system concept
- Residential construction knowledge, including barrier systems, insulation, renewable energy, fenestration, and HVAC systems
- Strong arithmetic, geometry, and computer skills
- Previous experience of modeling in HOT2000 software is an asset but not a must
- Must possess valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Must provide a clear criminal record check