The VT Group of Companies consists of building envelope consulting, full mechanical engineering services and residential energy management. This means there are many opportunities to grow your skills and to be able to grow with the company due to the diversity of our offerings. This is a growing sector, and we continue to expand across Canada. We are currently focused on hiring in Alberta and British Columbia for salaried and dedicated contractors but are also focused on growing our network of independent contractors across Canada. These new opportunities have opened a door for opportunities in smaller rural communities (rural) and are well suited for part-time work to supplement existing incomes.
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team with lots of work opportunities and want to use your extensive skill set and experience, we encourage you to send us your resume with cover letter to demonstrate how our mutual interests are aligned.
As a company we are embracing new opportunities that arise to meet the growing need of climate change initiatives for all sectors.
These opportunities can fit many different work objectives, i.e. salaried, working part time, working full time, working in the field or working as a mentor based on your experience.
This is a either a full-time or part-time position to conduct all aspects of completing residential energy evaluations, 9.36 code compliance modelling, STEP Code modelling and mechanical design or other related work based on the individual’s skills set.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver residential EnerGuide V.15 energy assessment, this includes assessing energy performance and potential energy savings for homes, blower door testing, and providing advice to homeowners and builders on improving the energy efficiency of their homes.
- Must either be a Registered Energy Advisor with Natural Resources Canada (preferred) OR will commit to completing and passing the necessary steps to become a Registered Energy Advisor as required by Natural Resources Canada. If not certified, must be motivated to complete the training and certification in a timely manner.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Self starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to read blueprints
- A solid understanding of building science and house as a system concept
- Residential construction knowledge, including barrier systems, insulation, renewable energy, fenestration, and HVAC systems
- Strong arithmetic, geometry, and computer skills
- Previous experience of modeling in HOT2000 software is an asset but not a mustMust possess valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Must provide a clear criminal record check
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, please email us your cover letter and resume.
Getting in touch with us is easy! Call us or fill out the form below:
Head Office Address
VerdaTech Energy Management & Consulting
#514, 3208 8 Avenue, NE
Calgary, AB, T2A 7V4
British Columbia Office:
#201, 427 Fitzwilliam Street
Nanaimo, BC, V9R 3A9
8 am to 5 pm MST , Mon - Fri