The VT Group of Companies is actively looking to grow its team. We are looking for a full-time, salaried Account Manager position for our Vancouver Island offices.
The VT Group of Companies consists of three affiliated companies serving different complementary markets: residential energy management (Verdatech Energy Management), Mechanical Engineering Consulting (Acacia Engineering) and Building Envelope Consulting (Qualistat Building Performance Consultants).
We are a dynamic and diverse company with complimentary skill sets and client bases. This allows for personal growth opportunities within the group and, also importantly, creates a long-term stable environment for both the company and the VT group team. Much of our focus is on sustainability and to maintain a strong position in the marketplace. We provide clients with an array of associated services for code compliance, full mechanical engineering and building envelope consulting. We are part of a relevant growing industry, and we are looking for the right people to join our team.
Full-time salaried position on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Benefits available after three months employment. This job involves meeting face to face with clients, ensuring their needs are looked after and maintaining the working relationships. Serviced area will be Vancouver Island and may expand to support other areas within British Columbia.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Initiate new client contacts, build and maintain strategic and lasting relationships with home builders, contractors, developers, renovators, architects and other potential customers to generate business for energy modelling, energy assessments, mechanical engineering design.
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Develop estimates, request for proposals, pre-qualifications, and tender proposals
- Liaise with industry stakeholders and keep up to date with latest industry trends
- Attend industry events
- Perform market research to identify potential opportunities
- Organize and facilitate marketing initiatives – trade shows etc.
- Facilitate with other marketing growth initiatives.
If you are a confident motivated person with strong people skills, who is well organized and a self starter and a person who wants to be part of a dynamic team, then this opportunity might be right for you.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Motivated self starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Enthusiastic personality and driven to succeed
- Well organized and goal focused
- Canadian Drivers licence with clean driving record
- Strong computer and communications skills.
- Technically proficient with a working knowledge of residential construction, renovation and building processes
- An interest and understanding in sustainability
- Strong business and money management skills
Not required, but advantageous:
- Knowledge of or have working experience in the energy management sector.
- Experience / knowledge with the residential energy efficiency industry
- Energy Advisor (REA)
- Construction and experience.
- Sales and account management experience
- Customer service experience
- Engineering knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of energy efficiency programs for new and existing homes
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected]